January 9, 2007

The Cycles of Anger

When one hurts i realize, it is so easy for anger to overcome you. It is like we need to vent to find reason and understanding; to figure out the heart. Last night I was so mad at a close friend for meaningless words she said. Words she said through her own anger and past hurts. It is this sick cycle that just brings people down, that friendships die from. I think its time to realize that anger is short lived when you let it be. I was so angry, so hurt but when I saw her tonight I realized I love her so much and words are just words. Our friendship is more than that. The moment is gone and we need to live in the present. I need to forgive and move on because otherwise, I wont grow or move forward. I will just simmer and get swallowed into a pit of pessimism and I don't want that. I want to be free from the chains of bitterness, doesn't everyone?

No comments: