June 1, 2009

worthy

The present is clear, I can see the stars tonight as I think about all that I have, the blessings in my life. It's actually hard to believe, this is me, this is my life. Though my future is hazy (in that cloudy, who-knows-what-is-next sort of way)I have a good feeling about it. Sure, my future might be full of struggles, but what is life without trials. Those of you who know me, know I am a dreamer, so the future in all its haze is a little bit confusing. I always have a plan, I always know whats next. It's scary you know, living like this - in the present, its really hard. And even though it's going alright, I am not yet convinced, that I am good at it. But I a leaping, one leap at a time. I am sick right now, maybe that's what is making me so sentimental. Three and half days on the couch will do that to someone. I so wanted to go out today, but this flu sure knocked me out. I am recovering for sure, but I just don't have the strength yet, to meander out, into the big bad world. I just spent a week in upstate new york - a week of prayer. I was away with Inter-Varsity: My friend works with this incredible ministry that reaches out to college kids. I had the privilege of leading a small group who signed up to learn about Transforming Prayer. My first thoughts when invited were to jump at this incredible opportunity, my second thoughts were to question, "am I equipped for this?" Even the week turned out to be fruitful in many ways, I still don't feel equipped. But I think people learned, people went home healed, or healing. Change happened, people transformed. There is something so incredible, so beautiful in seeing that moment where change starts to take place, where someone realizes their potential, their worth. The thing that people so often forget, is that we are worthy. All of us, this whole world is worthy of God's love and no matter what we have done, no matter who we have hurt, there is room for forgiveness. Jesus died on the cross, so we could have eternal life, so we could be worthy. I watched this girl, slowly start to realize this. She comes from a life where people always told her the opposite. I think after hearing that your whole life, only to learn it's not sure true, would surely be a difficult thing to take in. But imagine how beautiful it would be, to finally have that to hold on to. To believe in. You are worthy. And not just of the love of God, the but love of your peers, your family and the world. We are all worthy. You are worthy.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing my friend.
I'm excited to hear more when you come out here. Good thoughts, great experiences.
love Jess