April 18, 2010

a sojourn and a home

I am thinking about these two words: home and sojourn a lot right now as they are a potential theme for a photo project I am working on with a friend of mine. I went out today with old friends and as we hung out I carried those words with me. Together, the three of us, we flew a kite on the beach in Whiterock. It was so freeing and startling - I felt home as I photographed the kite, as I learned to fly the kite. After playing we went for appetizers and talked. It had been about three years since we sat down together and chatted. We starting talking about my first stay (sojourn) in NYC. As the memories poured out into the air, I felt excited and hopeful. I remembered, how innocent I was as I clamored around the city. I remembered photo shooting so naively. --- Later this evening, driving home - I felt inspired. I live in this great city, I have a great camera and I am entering in, with the same naiveté, the same innocence. It makes me hopeful, ready to create a new portfolio, of this new home, this new time in my life. To create excellent life changing, inspiring memories.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi friend,
I love it that you felt so free, and I really hope that continues even despite the circumstances. God is in control of it all. Since my folks can't come out on the Thursday for dinner, do you still want us to come there or would you like to come over to our place for dinner that night?? Either works for us.
Love Jess