June 4, 2010

Encourage ME

A couple months ago, I was motivated:

As one of my best friends has always said, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Today, I got a lemon and this is my attempt at lemonade.

I have three loves - on the career side of life: photography, writing and loving people. When I dream about my career, it entails all three encompassing one another. I feel most alive when I photograph beauty – when I reveal to people, that they are beautiful, when I meander through new places photographing its urban fragments that are sometimes lost in the raw, sometimes painful, but always beautiful. In my heart, photography should be natural and I always hope that something as simple as capturing laughter, or even a small smile, can change a life. In writing, I love to share stories of people, who have risen (or are rising) up from adversity. So that's what is going to happen here, on Sherri McLeod Blog. I am going to share stories, reveal photos - portraits and journalistic. Through these photographs and stories I hope to inspire you. As I strive for this and adventure into my city (or your city), I want to love the people around me and find a way to bring hope into this nation, and nations afar.

So please, make lemonade with me.


I said this the day, I lost my job. I have posted one blog on my new blog ( i love making new blogs ), one. Ugh. I need to get back in the game. I need to feel that way. It's so discouraging loosing a job, when you try so hard to keep it, even get it, in the first place. Spending the last two month semi unemployed has been hard. The more I do, the more motivated I am. The less I have going on, the less I care about doing anything. I love busy weeks, filled with projects, shoots and fun. But the weeks, where I have no clients, no plan - are soooo long. I would love encouragement. Encouragement makes me work harder. I don't know why, but it's always been that way. So please, encourage me :)

No comments: