January 4, 2011

Early in the Morning

It's official folks! I have pretty ring on my finger. Jason said (on one knee of course and after a wonderfully romantic speech), "Will you Marry Me?" I, of course replied, "YES!!!" I woke up early Tuesday, December 21st to meet a friend who mischievously suggested we be spontaneous and go for breakfast at 7AM! I sooooo did not love the idea of a 6AM wake up call, but out of love for my friend, I begrudgingly agreed. That morning I woke up wide awake and ended up being early, and she was stuck behind a big accident on the freeway. Shortly after our phone call explaining she was running late, a car pulled up beside me, and this guy came over to my car, and said, "Jason would like you to come with me..." In my head, I was like, "I think that's Andrew.... I hope it's Andrew." A minute later we pulled up to an ice rink and he led me inside to a half lit pathway of tea lights (i was early!) I looked up and there were was my love, and my favourite place in all the world, recreated just for me! I sat down on a bench perfectly placed in the ice rink of my "Bryant Park" and he sang to me, my favourite love song, "Feels Like Home" And it was there on the ice that he got down on one knee.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this must have been lovely, sherri. it sounds like it was perfect, planned with you exactly in mind!

Anonymous said...

Gee...this new guy sounds so romantic, I hope he is all he is cracked up to be ; ) Anyone would have to be to deserve someone as special, loving, caring as you!!!